At Orchid Springs Animal Hospital, we understand that your dogs and cats are like your children. They are an important part of your lives and you care for their every need. We promise to do the same for your beloved pet when they board with us while you’re away. We provide boarding services to pets of all ages, from puppies and kittens to senior pets, and everything in between. Your pet’s care is our greatest concern during their stay with us.
For your pet’s benefit and your peace of mind, our boarding facility is veterinarian and veterinary staff supervised, enabling us to provide complete medical care for your pet in the event of an emergency. We are also able to provide care for any boarders who may have special needs, including medication, special dietary requirements, and more.
Welcome to Orchid Springs Animal Hospital’s world famous pet hotel! The Ledger calls it a “Five Star Hotel for dogs,” and we are committed to that. It is our goal at all times to provide the best luxury boarding services available anywhere. All pets are a part of the family and we want them to feel like they are part of our family as well when they stay with us. We have twelve World Suites, all individually designed and decorated in the theme of various vacation destinations, allowing your pet to pay a visit to someplace great while you’re away!
Your pets will receive four potty breaks per day including a late night potty break, an individual/ group playtime or pooltime, and a discounted spa treatment. Each room houses a flat screen TV for your pets enjoyment as well a cozy cot for them to relax on. You can also keep an eye on your pet while they are staying with us as we have webcams mounted in each one of the suites. You can view your pet at any time, from anywhere in the world, as long as you have access to your smartphone.
$60 a night for first dog
$35 for each additional dog in the same room
Standard Dog Boarding
Our traditonal dog boarding area offers three daily potty breaks and other amenities, such as playtimes and pooltimes, that can be added on to their stay.
$36 a night for first dog
$26 for each additional dog in the same room
Give us a call to find out more about our exotics boarding. We've housed guinea pigs, rabbits, tortoises, birds, snakes and much more!
$12 a night
Individual / group play time: $11 per session
Individual/ group pool time: $15 per session
Treadmill exercise: $12 per session
Late night potty break: $6 per day
Daily medication service: $6 per day
House food (Purina EN Gastrointestinal): $5 per day
Grooming: Price for shampoo and haircut depends on breed, style and condition of coat. Please ask for an estimate or to speak to one of our groomers.
Our cat boarding area is completely separate from our dog boarding area, including a special kitty exercise room with a custom ramps for climbing around. Cats also have windows for viewing the outside.
$20 a night for first cat
$15 for each additional cat in the same room
What should I pack?
1. Food - If you have ever tried to introduce a different type of food to your dog, you know that this can cause a negative change in appetite and even upset stomach. Since your dog may already feel a little nervous in an unfamiliar environment it's best to keep the other aspects of his life as normal as possible. We recommend using small plastic baggies to package pre-measured meals, and label them “Breakfast”, “Lunch”, and “Dinner”. This will ensure that your dog is getting exactly the right amount of food at each meal.
2. Medicine - Many dogs must take certain medication and/or supplements on a daily basis, and we will be happy to administer these to them as needed. Include the appropriate number of doses that your dog will need to take in your absence, as well as written instructions with details such as dosage amount and schedule. If the medicine and/or supplements must be taken with food, it’s helpful to include them in a separate bag in the pre-packaged meal bags.
3. A reminder of home - Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and this is especially true for pets and their owners. No matter how much fun you and your pet are having, you on your vacation and your dog with his new friends, you will surely miss each others’ company. To keep your dog feeling close to you even in your absence, include something with your scent. This can be a blanket, t-shirt, or even a sock. This is a wonderful way to help your dog feel comfortable, calm, and stress-free.
4. Emergency Contact Information - Just as you would for a human child, leaving emergency contact information for your dog is a great idea. If you’re leaving town, you’ll want to leave the name and phone number of someone in the area to help care for your dog in the event of an emergency at the boarding facility.
Is there anything I should leave at home?
1. Favorite toy or bed - We are well equipped with all sorts of toys for your pet to play with as well as bedding for them to sleep on. You can bring these items, but remember that a lot of laundry is done throughout the day and we do not want to misplace a beloved item.
2. Small rawhides or chew toys - While you definitely can bring items to keep your pet entertained, please be aware that some items could end up being choking hazards and will not be left in their rooms.
3. Food/ water bowls - We do provide metal bowls in every shape and size as well as bowl stands so no need to bring your own, especially ceramic dishes!
Requirements for Boarding
To protect the health of our guests, we do require that all pets be current on vaccinations and free of parasites proven by negative fecal tests. All pets need to have an exam with our clinic within the past year.
Dogs must be up to date on DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus) and Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccines. We also highly recommend the canine influenza vaccination although it is no longer a requirement. Dogs must also have a current negative heartworm test.
Cats require an FVRCP and Rabies vaccine each year.
If you’re interested in scheduling a visit for your pet, please contact us today and we’ll be happy to set up your pet’s stay.
If you would like to help speed up the process of checking your pet into boarding you may submit the form below. Our receptionists may go over any information you have submitted to make sure everything is accurate when dropping your pet off.